Brant Pedersen, DC, CCSP®
Dr. Pedersen became interested in chiropractic at the age of 15 while competing as a professional windsurfer. After being told by MDs to take medications for a recurrent pain in his hip, his coach guided him to a chiropractor. His hip was fixed and the rest is history. Dr. Pedersen received his undergraduate pre-medical training at the University of California at Santa Cruz, and completed his formal chiropractic training at Palmer College of Chiropractic West in San Jose, California where he graduated with Magna Cum Laude honors as the valedictorian of his class.
Dr. Pedersen's professional interests lie in helping the community reach their inborn health potential. Through hundreds of hours of post-graduate training, Dr. Pedersen has studied applied kinesiology, the study of muscles and how to help them function appropriately. Unlike other doctors of chiropractic who believe that the patient must get adjusted several times per week to remain healthy, Dr. Pedersen believes that by balancing out the function of the 650 muscles in the body, that the 210 bones have a much better chance of staying aligned and therefore need less frequent adjustments. Dr. Pedersen believes that he is succeeding when his patients don't need to come into the office regularly.
- Susan G. Komen 3-day Breast Cancer Walk, San Francisco. Dr. Pedersen provides three days of chiropractic care annually to the over 1,600 walkers and crew in an effort to raise money for breast cancer research. He first volunteered for the event in 2003, and has served as the Sports Medicine Team Captain since 2007.
- CCA Legislative Day. Each year Dr. Pedersen travels to Sacramento to lobby and educate political representatives on upcoming healthcare legislation and the scope of chiropractic care.
- In 2004, Dr. Pedersen traveled to Brazil as part of Clinic Abroad, where he provided free chiropractic care for hundreds of underserved patients.
- National Chiropractic Legislative Conference, Washington D.C., March 2003
- Palmer College of Chiropractic West Adjunct Faculty, 2003 to present
- Palmer College of Chiropractic West Sports Council Clinician, 2003 to present
- Past Board Member of the California Chiropractic Association, 2003-2004
- Member, International Society of Clinicial Rehabilitation Specialists (ISCRS)
- Member, Amercian Chiropractic Association (ACA)
- Member, California Chiropractic Association (CCA)
- Member, Foundation for Chiropractic Progress (F4CP)
- Member, ACA Council on Sports Injuries and Physical Fitness
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner (CCSP)
- Graston Technique
- Applied Kinesiology
- Neuro Emotional Technique (NET)
- CPR/BLS Health Care Provider Certified
- Graduated valedictorian from Palmer West
- CCA Student of the Year, 2004
- PCCW Clinical Excellence Award
- PCCW Chiropractic Advancement Award
- PCCW Student Service Award
- PCCW Student Fellowship Award
- Virgil V. Strang Philosophy Award
Download Dr. Pedersen's Curriculum Vitae to see his additional experience and extensive continuing education.