These are unprecedented times. Yesterday our governor recommended that all Californians over age 65 isolate themselves from others. With ever-changing and sometimes conflicting information on how to proceed in the midst of this national health emergency we are erring on the side of caution and at this time we are closing our clinic -- we will let you know when we reopen.
The safety of our patients and our community is always our first priority.
Below are a few links that are informational regarding COVID-19. Trusted information is so critical in times like these. Also, this article which shows graphical simulations of why social distancing is so important, and effective, is a must watch to understand why it is important that people currently stay home.
There are many things you can do to protect yourself and your family. Many are noted in the links above. But there are a few things that I think are often overlooked that I wanted to share. These things help our body to be as healthy as it can be, in times of sickness and in times of health.
1. Get good sleep. It is incredible how much getting abundant, good quality sleep improves the health of your body.
2. Eat good healthy food and stay away from sugar.
3. Avoid or limit alcohol intake. Alcohol depresses your immune system.
4. If you smoke or vape (yes, marijuana is considering smoking) limit or stop. COVID-19 mostly affects the respiratory track and your lung tissue dealing with inhaled smoke doesn’t help your ability to fight off and/or recover from infection.
5. If not sick, get outside into the sunshine and clean air. There are many hiking and outdoor options available in our area that still allow us to social distance while getting exercise.
We will be in touch when our office reopens. Until then, stay safe and healthy. And if you have any questions for me, please feel free to email me directly. I’m here to help my patients in any way I can.
In positive motion,