Dr. Brant Pedersen has always been an athlete. When he is not treating patients he can be found surfing in Santa Cruz, biking, or enjoying the slopes in Tahoe with his family. Dr. Pedersen knows how frustrating being injured is and also how being told “just rest it” and “maybe you’re just getting old…” aren’t acceptable answers for athletes.
Dr. Pedersen became interested in chiropractic at the age of 15 while competing as a professional windsurfer. After being told by MDs to take medications for a recurrent pain in his hip, his coach guided him to a chiropractor. After two visits to the chiropractor his hip was fixed and the rest is history. Dr. Pedersen received his undergraduate pre-medical training at the UCSC, and completed his formal chiropractic training at Palmer College of Chiropractic West in San Jose, California where he graduated with Magna Cum Laude honors as the valedictorian of his class.
Dr. Pedersen specializes in sports injuries. He completed his post-doctoral program to become board-certified as a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP) in 2008. This recognized specialization in chiropractic, similar to an MD specializing in orthopedics or pediatrics, has given Dr. Pedersen the opportunity to work with thousands of professional and Olympic athletes, including sports medicine rotations at the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, CO.
If you are suffering from an injury and it is keeping you from doing what you love, chances are Dr. Pedersen has seen and successfully treated that condition countless times since opening his Los Gatos, CA practice in 2004.
- Member, American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
- Member, California Chiropractic Association (CCA)
- Member, ACA Council on Sports Injuries and Physical Fitness
- Member, Foundation for Chiropractic Progress (F4CP)
- Past Board Member of the California Chiropractic Association, 2003-04
- Palmer College of Chiropractic West Adjunct Faculty, 2004 to present
- Palmer College of Chiropractic West Sports Council Clinician, 2004 to present
- US Olympic Training Center Rotations. Dr. Pedersen has provided chiropractic care to Team USA Olympians, Para-Olympians, and national team members at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Susan G. Komen 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk for a Cure, San Francisco. Dr. Pedersen provides three days of sports chiropractic care annually to the over 1,600 walkers and crew in an effort to raise money for breast cancer research. He first volunteered for the event in 2003, and has served as Sports Medicine Team Captain since 2007.
- National Chiropractic Legislative Conference, Washington D.C., March 2003 and 2017. Dr. Pedersen met with senators and congressional representative to discuss health care reform, chiropractic safety, and patient access.
- Clinic Abroad in the Amazon. In 2004, Dr. Pedersen travelled to Manuas, Brazil where he provided humanitarian chiropractic care for hundreds of underserved patients.
- CCA Legislative Day. Each year Dr. Pedersen travels to Sacramento, CA to lobby and educate political representatives on upcoming healthcare legislation and the safety and effectiveness of chiropractic.
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner (CCSP)
- Graston Technique
- Applied Kinesiology (AK)
- CDC Heads Up Concussion Training
- Towards Injury Prevention in Sports (TIPS) Certification
- SafeSport Training Completed
- CPR/BLS Health Care Provider Certified
View Dr. Pedersen's Curriculum Vitae for his complete experience in sports chiropractic, community involvement, and continuing education.