Vanessa Nordin, DC, CCSP®
Dr. Vanessa Nordin first discovered chiropractic during a seven-day bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles. It was during this physically demanding experience that she experienced severe neck and shoulder pain to the point where her willingness to continue the challenge was in question. Fortunately, there were chiropractors volunteering at the event to examine her condition, provide pain relief, and offer information on how to better prevent it from recurring. After her first chiropractic encounter and adjustment she found immediate pain relief. Inspired by this experience, Dr. Nordin concluded that healing people with her hands better fit her life philosophy. With only one semester left to graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Business, she began the task of completing the prerequisites required for chiropractic college.
Dr. Nordin's focus in chiropractic lies in approaching the health of the human body as one unit. She believes that evaluation and correction of each individual’s movement patterns, posture and nutrition will greatly enhance the positive results of her work as a chiropractor. Dr. Nordin is certified in Selective Functional Movement Assessment, which allows her to evaluate improper body mechanics that create a chain reaction of physical injuries. This, combined with teaching proper posture and how it should be relaxed and effortless, will increase the longevity of her patients moving as if they were still in their youth. Finally, her passion for educating proper nutrition is not only extended to her patients, but to CrossFit athletes as a Level 1 Trainer at CrossFit Silicon Valley.
Dr. Nordin’s goals as a chiropractor are not only to treat her patients to provide pain relief and proper healing, but also to be an educator to help people move more, move better, and do so pain-free.
- Avid CrossFit Athlete 2010 – current. Current member and Coach (CF-L1) of CrossFit Silicon Valley
- San Jose Seahawks Women’s Rugby Team, February 2014 - current
- Climbed Half Dome, Yosemite, CA. September 2013
- Warrior Dash, 5k obstacle course, January 2012
- Tough Mudder NorCal, 13 mile obstacle course through Squaw Valley dry ski slopes, September 2011
- AIDS Life Cycle, SF to LA 2007, 550 miles in 7 days. Raised over $2,500 for AIDS awareness and research
- CSULB Women’s Crew Team, ‘04-‘06: Stroke Seat leading to First Runner up at Dad Vail Nationals
- Palmer College of Chiropractic West Adjunct Faculty, 2015 to present
- International Chiropractic Pediatric Association
- American Chiropractic Association Sports Council
- American Chiropractic Association
- California Chiropractic Association
- Foundation for Chiropractic Progress
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner (CCSP)
- Webster Technique
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CDC Heads Up Concussion Training
- ALINE Certified Expert (ACE)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Rocktape Certification
- Active Release Technique
- Graston Technique (M1/M2)
Download Dr. Nordin's Curriculum Vitae to see her additional experience and extensive continuing education.